sunday tune: leo kottke and mike gordon - clone


I've been thinking about a lot songs to sing and songs to play for this baby. Clone is one of my sister's favorite albums, and this week she emailed me lyrics to a track that I think I'm going to memorize. I can't find a video to share, but here are the lyrics:

"With"
I'll be with you like keys and locks, like heads and hats and feet and socks
I'll be with you near and far, like Groucho goes with his cigar
I'll be with you like hot and fire, like sneakers hanging on a telephone wire
I'll be with you like green and go, like Cleveland goes with Ohio 
I'll be with you like things that always go together
I'll be with you in any kind of weather 
I'll be with you like sun and set, like grass that grows on a Chia pet
I'll be with you like sun and rise, like French fries go with Spanish flies

Leo Kottke and Mike Gordon