Falling leaves and visits from friends. I made and froze a batch of homemade chicken stew (I leave out the cream and it is still plenty rich); in my efforts to be fancy, I used purple carrots, and now the gravy is lavender. Hopefully my guests won't mind.
- Zodiacal lights, Orionid meteors and planetary convergence
- 'People talk about maker culture. But that strikes me as a coastal thing, where you’re asked what you do, not who you are. That’s a short-term identity: programmer one day, pickler the next. But the Midwest runs a longer timeline.'
- runcible spoon
- items for the someday house: jelly jar lights, a root basket + a small knife
- tiny shoes (because socks alone just won't stay on, and it is getting cold)
- far away from here: bookmarked for leisurely Sunday reading after this recommendation