do not think you can frighten me by telling me that I am alone

Where would you all have been now if I had heeded that sort of truth? There is no help, no counsel, in any of you. Yes: I am alone on earth: I have always been alone ...  Do not think you can frighten me by telling me that I am alone.  France is alone; and God is alone; and what is my loneliness before the loneliness of my country and my God?  I see now that the loneliness of God is His strength: what would He be if He listened to your jealous little counsels?  Well, my loneliness shall be my strength too; it is better to be alone with God; His friendship will not fail me, nor His counsel, nor His love.  In His strength I will dare, and dare, and dare, until I die.  I will go out now to the common people, and let the love in their eyes comfort me for the hate in yours.  You will all be glad to see me burnt; but if I go through the fire I shall go through it to their hearts for ever and ever.
G.B. Shaw, Saint Joan.

Statue by Henry Rox of Joan of Arc, from here.